There has been an Absinthe liquor revival since the 1990s when Absinthe started to be legalized in many countries around the world. Sales of Absinthe have been going crazy, especially in the US where a few brands have just been made legal. Now, you can find Absinthe for sale on many websites.
Types of Absinthe For Sale
There are many types of Absinthe for sale online:-
– Absinthe substitutes which are made without using thujone for the US market or fenchone for the French market. These are not real Absinthes. Real Absinthe contains both grand wormwood, which contains thujone, and fennel a source of fenchone. Pernod Pastis is an Absinthe style drink which does not contain wormwood and Recette Marianne is an Absinthe produced for the French market.
– Modern Absinthes – Absinthes like Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or” which is premium Absinthe distilled using traditional methods and based on historical ingredients but with a modern twist for the new generation of Absinthe drinkers. Modern Absinthes often have additional herbal ingredients added.
– Classic Absinthes such as Absinthe Roquette 1797 and the Jade Collection by Ted Breaux. These Absinthes are re-creations of original vintage Absinthes and contain the classic ingredients of wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Swiss Absinthes such as Absinthe Clandestine, a La Bleue style by famous bootleg distiller, Claude-Alain Bugnon, are also available online.
There are also many Absinthes available to buy online from countries like the Czech Republic and Spain, where Absinthe was never banned and so Absinthe production was able to carry on. Czech Absinthes available for purchase online include La Fee Bohemian, which recreates French Bohemain style Absinthe, and Sebor Absinthe which is sold in a distinctive square bottle and is made using a 100 year old French-Swiss recipe.
Spanish Absinthes include the award winning Mari Mayans, produced in Ibiza since 1880 from hand-picked wormwood, and Rodniks with its high wormwood content.
You can use essences, from companies like AbsintheKit.com, to make your own traditional style Absinthe. The essences are properly distilled and use traditional herbs. They are available to order individually on the web shop or in Absinthe kits containing an essence, measure and bottle labels. Each kit makes 14 bottles of real wormwood Absinthe.
There are 4 essences available:-
– Absinthe 35 Classics Essence – This essence makes a classic green Absinthe containing 35mg of thujone, the chemical found in wormwood.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for making Swiss style La Bleue clear Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This essence contains natural orange oil for a lovely orange flavored Absinthe.
The essences are easy to use – Simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of a neutral alcohol base, such as Everclear or vodka, and add 50-75g of sugar if you want a smoother taste. Bottle your Absinthe and then enjoy your own homemade classic Absinthe.
To enjoy your Absinthe fully whether made from essence, or other bottled Absinthe for sale, you should use a proper Absinthe glass and spoon. Replica glasses and spoons are available from AbsintheKit.com.